[Rhodes22-list] Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 04:55:17 EST 2006

Dave,

  Sarasota can be up-scale around the coast. There a lot of residential communities in ladn that are not far from the water.

  Bradenton is more residential and more afordable to be on the water. Both Bradenton and Sarasota seem like one city. If you don't know where the city limit is, you won't know if you are in Bradenton or Sarasota.

  Let me know when you are planning to be here. I'm pretty busy at the present time, but I should have more free time pretty soon.

  Let know ahead of time if you want to rent the boat.

  Luis

DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:

Ed, Thanks for your post regarding healthcare facilities, it was helpful.
Hartwell is on our list, as is Keowee.

Bob, You suggested I contact Tom Scott on the Precision Board re Punta
Gorda. Are you referring to the Precision Board on TrailerSailor, or another
board?

Art, Thanks for your input. Would you care to expand on the differences
between lake and coastal sailing? I've only sailed on the Chesapeake, and with
a much small boat, Kerr Lake and local ponds.

Re Lanier, we’ve gotten mixed signals; it’s well located, but I gather its
also very well developed. It’s proximity to Atlanta cuts both ways.
Checking the www, Lanier gets 7.5 million visitors each year; sounds like a crowd,
but I’ll check further.

Luis, I think you’re right regarding Sarasota/Bradenton. As we traveled
up the coast from PG/PC we heard that Sarasota Bay was really a great place to
sail and keep a boat. We looked at Sarasota on our last trek and decided
that it would be a great place to visit: the town is beautiful and there are a
lot of things to do. However, we concluded there were a whole lot of
visitors everywhere. It reminded us of an upscale and well kept beach resort, as
opposed to a residential community. I think we’ll look forward to trailering
in to Sarasota to sail, or perhaps renting your boat.

Thanks to everyone for your input, it's helpful.

Dave