[Rhodes22-list] Ed, Bob, Luis - Locales

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 12:55:01 EST 2006

Dave,

With your sailing experience on the bay, you have a sense of coastal versus lake sailing, winds, tides, etc.  Lanier can be crowded on holiday weekends, for retired folks with open agenda, not such a challenge.  Winds nice, although not as consistant as a sea breeze.  Amenities fine, property costs higher on the shoreline obviously.  Access to major metro Atlanta benefits excellent.  Not a bad choice as a hub, whether your boat is in the water (waterfront property at the marina) or kept on the trailer (with mast stepped, ready to go).

I try to trail to Savannah/Brunswick as often as possible, actually keep a second boat there for convenience.  What an excellent venue for sailing, all the way up and down the coast.  Unlimited variety.

West has a few excellent guides on the GA/SC Coast.  It has been untouched by the storms that affected most coastal areas.

Art