[Rhodes22-list] Dave - Locales and Strom Thurmond

Claude Cox cccox at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 8 15:23:51 EST 2006

Art;

I used to be at Hartwell, and injoyed it, even more than Lanier (bigger,
and quieter--read no power boats).  But the distance (2+ hrs) made it very
difficult to get there, so I moved to Lanier a couple of years ago--Rummy
and his friend, Roger, helped me move it.  Presently, I'm on X dock, slip
#14, but am going to move to a power slip--M 49.

I have not had a trailer, but am in the market for one, preferably a used
one I can try out to see if it's my game.  If it is, then I'll invest in a
new one.  There are lots of places in the southeast I'd like to take a boat
to, including Hartwell, so if it works out, I'll become a Rhodes "roady."

Just remembered that I was out on Lanier several months ago, and met
another Rhodes--blue hull, I think--I was startled to suddenly see a
Rhodes; could that have been you?

Claude

trail the Rhodes, I like the Atlanta hub and countless places to jump out
to with the yacht, including the Boom Salon and wet bar.

> Where do you park the boat?  I'm at Aqualand, near the offices.
>
> Art

Art.
> >> The sailing on the two lakes is very different.  They play bumper
> >> cars(boats) over there.  You can play with Art and Claude over there.
> >Rummy
> >> only wants serious racers over here, but not too many.
> >>
> >> With all the comments trying to increase the real estate values in
> >Florida,
> >> maybe that is the best place for you.  Yes I was talking about
Cumberland
> >> Sound.  The Subs are supposed to be on the surface while tansiting it.
> >> However, if you read "Blind Man's Buff" by Sherry Sontag and
Christopher

http://maps.google.com/?ll=33.698065,-82.229919&spn=0.166239,0.30899&t=h