[Rhodes22-list] Art - bottom paints revisited

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Mar 10 07:41:55 EST 2006

Art:
     This list has been around a number of years, unlike you.  You need to
request that Bill Effros give you special instructions on past discussions.
And it would be appropriate to learn by what ever means how to research the
archives.  We are waiting for you to become the resident guru on sailboat
bottom paints...
   	However, since we cannot get you to even routinely change the
subject line, I guess we will have to spoon feed you.  On Lake Hartwell we
use a Micron product that is bug killing and ablative.  It works reasonably
well for boats like mine and Rummy's that stay in the water most of the
time.  As for dry sailing, I think that you need to study all the
alternatives and report your findings to the list.
   	In the past this subject has gotten good discussion.  The products,
companies, and our uses change so now is a good time for you to present a
summary of the current information.  Have at it...
     Here is some WEB information for you to start with:
http://www.nationalpaintsupply.com/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,468
2-123267-124574-nav-list,00.html
and make your own here:
http://www.epoxyproducts.com/2_fillers.html
and an alternative product distributor:
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/to;ID;,Paints
or look thru Todd's favorite:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
and a Florida source:
http://www.boatbuildercentral.com/categories.php?id=3

	Since you are a prolific poster, we can expect an initial summary by
Sunday, right?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA