[Rhodes22-list] New member

salm at mn.rr.com salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Mar 13 04:56:02 EST 2006

Dear L.,

You say you don't understand the attitude so let me help you understand.
First, if you think we're going to lose the
sarcasm, you're in the wrong place, dear.  And you say you don't need this
site...  Guess what?  That goes both ways
for sure.  You might not need this but it IS the definitive place for R22
info and lots of other fun and interesting stuff
too.

We'd be more than happy to take you into our fold--and you seem like the
intelligent, live-wire type that we'd
like to have onboard-- but you're going to have to play it our way.  We
like to know a liitle more about you so we can
tease, badger, cajole at will, so you might as well get over yourself.
This is as much a social group as it is a sailing
forum.  Would you walk into a house party and refuse to give your name for
Pete's sake?

Slim   Yes, it's a nickname but most everyone here knows why I use it and
they all know my real name too.