[Rhodes22-list] New member, R22 interest, but very coy

Todd Zumach zoomerzx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:49:35 EST 2006

Elle,

I just thought I would provide my two cents worth. First, welcome aboard!
As a seasoned newbie (I joined this rag tag group last summer just before I
purchased a used boat that I was fortunate enough to snap up two days after
it became available), I have started to become immune to some of the sarcasm
of the elders on the list.   In spite of the gruff manner of these guys, I
have learned a lot from them.  The best advice I got from the all knowing
ones is to search the archives for information covered in the past.  I still
haven't figured out the best way to search them, but I have enjoyed the
reading.  I do know you can use Google.com to search within the archives by
using the following syntax: site:rhodes22.org XXXXXXX  where the XXs
represent the word or phrase you are searching for.

Also, one of the other senior members who happens to not be as grumpy as
some of the others and also happens to be a women (coincidence?) wrote about
this boat we all love in the book Sailing Small: Inspiration and Instruction
for the Pocket Cruiser<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/192886208X/sr=8-1/qid=1142303782/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6414892-3741509?%5Fencoding=UTF8>.
 You may  want to check it out.

I don't think anyone has mentioned *http://www.frappr.com/rhodes22 *in
replies to your posts yet.  It is a great place to identify where fellow
rhodies have announced their presence.  Some members have posted pictures of
their boats too.

Other than that, I will tell you that I am one of the unfortunate few that
live in the land of the frozen tundra, where we got eight inches of fresh
snow today.  The good news is that Spring is in the air and the Madeline
Island ferry is back in service after only three weeks off for ice in the
Apostle Islands on Lake Superior.  I am hopeful that I can hook the boat up
to the truck and run up the road for a sail sooner than I had expected.

I hope you stick around.

Todd Z.
Phillips, WI
1986 R22 (still haven't come up with a name yet that meets with the approval
of my wife and two daughters yet).