[Rhodes22-list] Todd Z's boat name, Lady Chesepeake Sailor

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Mar 16 08:01:27 EST 2006

Todd,
     There is another aspect of this name.  Have you ever hear a pig farmer
call his pigs at feeding time?  They yell, 'Sui, Sui, Sui' so I imagine
hearing a pig farmer calling over the VHF...  so much for the foreign
languate stuff.
     Consider naming your boat like MJM did, after your daughers...

     And then there is this Elle stuff.  We have a famous Elle in
Greenville, SC.  Her last name is Fant.  At the hospital, there is a tech
who hands every new person one of those ' you got a phone call' slips saying
that Elle Fant called with a phone number to call.   When the new guy calls
the person back and get an answer , Greenville Zoo, they know they have been
had.  This has been going on for at least twelve years.  The receptionist at
the zoo knows what is happening and starts laughing.

Elle,
     It is too bad that Lloyd finnally sold his boat.  You could have gotten
an experienced old Rhodie to show you the boat.  Lloyd has not been on the
list for quite some time.  The last we heard was he was a volunteer coast
watcher for the Coast Guard.  He claimed he was getting to old and stiff to
climb on deck.  He could have used a spring chicken to help him.  Maybe you
should check the archives and send him an email asking his advice and
offering a sail in your potter.  That is after he helps getting it in
sailing order.  And, he is very knowledgeable about putting a boat in
sailing order and sailing Cheaspeake Bay.  He might really enjoy the
opportunity.
 See:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2005-March/021946.html

Ed K