[Rhodes22-list] Bunk

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Mar 22 08:22:50 EST 2006

Lou,
Thanks for asking the question, I have the same problem.  Somehow when we
were pulling the boat last fall it got off to one side just a bit.  When I
started to pull the trailer and boat out of the water, the boat lurched to
one side.  I backed into the water and we reset the boat on the trailer and
pulled it out, but noticed the bunk was cracked.  Seemed the keel had come
to rest on top of the bunk and broke it when I tried to pull the trailer
out.  Probably got the trailer too deep into the water and the keel floated
up over the guides.  The boat has been sitting on the broken bunk just fine
all winter, but I need to replace the bunk once I float the boat. - rob