[Rhodes22-list] he Rebirth of Ad Astra

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Mar 26 05:37:42 EST 2006

Steve:
     You are at the right place to ask the questions that you asked.  There
are several others who have rebuilt or are rebuilding boats.  Now every time
I make the following recommendation either Art or somebody jumps on my
comment, but I said it before and say it again.  The archives are a great
source of technical how to do it information.  Some of the people involved
with the answers are no longer on the list but the answers they gave were
most helpful.  So see Herb's recent reple to my how to do it question, it
works:  http://www.nabble.com/Rhodes22-f14229.html
And speaking of Herb, he is an experienced and knowledgeable boat rebuilder.
Then there is our current champion Lou.  Others who can offer good insight
are Todd and Peter.  On any given question there are many others with
experience and knowledge that they are happy to share.
       If you do not already have a ditital camera, before you start go out
and get one.  A good cheap one that you can download pictures with cost less
than $100.   A picture of your problem will yield more accurate comentary.
       Stan never used particle board, so you boat has been rebuilt in the
past.  As to a good sealant, and there are many, I recommend Boat Life, see:
http://www.boatlife.com/
       As to boat repair and rebuilding, the oracle on the subject is:
http://www.epoxyworks.com/ which offers a free magazine that comes out about
once a year showing projects done.  It is most informative.
       Good luck and fair breezes.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA