[Rhodes22-list] Zepyrus Is in the Water! - fuel stabilizer

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon May 1 10:40:03 EDT 2006

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
> Capn Z,
> For future reference, you are better off having a full tank of gas, or no
> gas at all in the tank compared with only 1/3 tank. A full tank will not
> accumulate moisture, nor will the empty tank. (Vent closed of course) It always
> helps to have the air vent open when running the engine :)
> If you do decide to keep a full tank over the long, cold northern winter,  be
> sure to add some Stabil to the gas.

Rummy et al.,

Agreed about the tank moisture - I shut off the
fuel valve and run out the gas in the carb, then
fill the 2-stroke O/Bs after every use.

On fuel stabilizers -- I add stabilizer and some
carb cleaner/moisture remover to every mix for
my 2-stroke engines, and have had no problems
over the years.

Does anyone else do this, and/or does anyone see
any problem with these procedures over time?

/Robert Skinner