[Rhodes22-list] Gas Tanks, Vents, and Carburetors

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon May 1 20:01:27 EDT 2006

mputnam1 at aol.com wrote:
> ... And what about detaching the fuel line and
burning the gas that's in the carburetor as Robert
discussed?  How long should it take to burn off
and when/how often is this advised?

Mr. Putnam,

1.  I do not disconnect the hose, as my motors have
internal tanks.  I turn off the fuel valve.

2.  As to timing:  I shut off the valve as I am
coming up to a dock, assuming that I am in a marina,
etc.  In any case, my motors have not run for more
than a few minutes after the valve is shut off.

Run times for engines with an external tank will
vary, probably a bit longer than those with an
internal tank with shutoff valve -- guess you will
have to experiment.

/Robert Skinner