[Rhodes22-list] Single vs Double Axle

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun May 7 22:40:54 EDT 2006

Rory,
my two cents says I love my dual axle trailer,which I picked up a year ago
March.I replaced a 20 year old single axel,that was shot.
What are you towing with? I use a V-8 Toyota 4-runner. I think a dual axel
is better if the tow vehicle is on the small side.(4 extra wheels braking)
One thing I like about the dual axel is you can climb off and on the boat on
the trailer with the tow vehicle unhooked from the trailer, with out putting
jack stands under the back of the trailer.
I towed 2500 mi. last year,but if I only towed to the lake and back once a
year I would opt for the single axel.