[Rhodes22-list] Lake Access (was "Getting ready to trailer boat")

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon May 8 16:15:28 EDT 2006

Herb,
Fortunately (or not), Lake Hartwell is controlled by the Army Corps of
Engineers. This has limited expansion on the lake and in fact there is a set  back
from the waters edge that actually is corp property, so nobody actually  owns
their lake frontage.
Development is good if it's providing services. This however, also draws
more people. The bottom line to all of this IS the bottom line. Money talks, BS
walks. It sounds like your lake is going to be developed to death.
Along with more people and their money comes more noise and more pollution.
There are some weekends on this lake that I don't even go out. The cigarette
boats are not restricted in any manner so you have thousands of horse power
belching incredible noise out the back end. Along with this is the increasing
number of first time boaters that don't know a damn thing about safety or
rules  of the road and couldn't care less. It's just the beginning of the boating
season here, but we can count on at least six stupid people killing
themselves  before the summer is over.
The sad part is that your lake will never be the same again.....ever.

Rummy