[Rhodes22-list] Phil Jacksonville's Vacation

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 9 06:50:23 EDT 2006

Phil,
      I must be missing something, why would anyone want to vacation on Lake
Allatoona?  I can see the need for a Rhodes 22, it is generally shallow with
shoals and lots of power boats.  It has to be near the family homeplace?
      Want to try something interesting and in tune with the discussion of
non commercial but still within driving range of Hot-Lanta?  Look at Lake
Russell:  http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/russell/
      I have not been sailing there, only on its shores.  But is sure was a
pretty lake.  Then I found out about the access restrictions.  That is the
reason.  Then you could invite Rummy down for some sailing lessons.  He has
a nominal fee cited in past emails.  See his post on the subject:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2006-April/030095.html

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
(boat located in Starr, SC at :http://familyoutdoors.com/pages/bigwater.htm)