[Rhodes22-list] WTF? - political rant

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 11:58:04 EDT 2006

the one thing we don't want to do is win this election and lose 2008. i want my nation to reestablish it's former reputation for even handed tolerance and respect for other countries so i can once again respond in good conscience when my president asks me (and us),  "ask not what my country can do for me but what can i do for my country".

DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:
Robert,

Not bad, not bad at all.

But you forgot about the wildly unbalanced budgets; the constant tax cuts
even with the wildly unbalanced budgets. You forgot about the evisceration of
the American dollar and how that makes the cost of imports (oil) higher -
much higher, and the cost of traveling overseas prohibitive. You forgot about
an Administration roaming the world in pursuit of “free trade”, even as our
trade deficit swelled beyond all reason. You forgot about the incompetence
that is Katrina, Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, etc. The list goes on and
on.

But the big issue is what can be done about any of it. Yeah, we need an
election this fall that will accomplish the objectives you outlined, but how can
that be made to happen? Suggestion: don’t just vote in the election,
additionally contribute and actively work to get the current Administration's
minions in Congress out of office. If the Republican “moral majority” becomes a
minority in the House AND the Senate, things can be fixed or at least stopped
until a competent President can be elected. I think we have to get actively
involved in the up-coming elections if there's going to be change.

Dave