[Rhodes22-list] Country Rhodes got new bottom paint today

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Fri May 12 15:49:04 EDT 2006

I was planning on a new bottom paint job this year, but I'm putting it off.
Seeing Jerry's setup makes me think how difficult it could be (and scary
should one of those jacks get knocked over).  How about lifting the boat?  I
remember reading that you can pick up the boat by its bow and stern eyes.
That's how Stan moves them around at the shop??  How would finding a stout
structure (a barn comes to mind) and use a strap and come-a-long to lift up
the bow and a second to hook to the stern eyes and lift the stern?  That way
you also wouldn't have to move the jack stands to paint under them.  Any
thoughts? - Rob