[Rhodes22-list] WTF?

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 09:58:30 EDT 2006

Yes there is quite a bit of mis-information out there.....It is my
understanding that due to the Patriot Act a warrant is no longer needed for
wire tap or detaining people. Also if they are going to monitor emails do
you really think they are just going to stop at the address? Face it we are
loosing our rights.

Our government is using fear tactics to drive policy. And like sheep we tend
to follow. Fear is the very reason we were able to go into Iraq when we did.
We and our leaders were so shaken up after 911 we believed anything we were
told. We just had to do some thing and the best we could come up with was
attacking Iraq. Knee jerk reactions are usually not the best way to go but
what the heck it seemed like a good idea at the time. We never finished in
Afghanstan, Iraq is still up in the air and now Iran.......

Fear is what drove us to lock up Japanese Americans during WW II. Fear is
what drove the McCarthy lists. Our ideas of freedom can not change when we
are scared. If they do then we really aren't free.

So I am off to the lake and the forecast is BIG! They are calling for 10 -20
plus.

Wally