[Rhodes22-list] Role reversals

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 21:26:10 EDT 2006

so can we vote democratic this time around and be conservative too? i like that.
  conservation has always worked for me.

Robert Skinner <robert at squirrelhaven.com> wrote:
  Ed,

How can you call someone who is very concerned about the
ILLEGAL aliens in our country a "bleeding heart liberal?"

There is an interesting phenomenon happening here.

Many "Liberals" are turning out to be more conservative
than Republicans on a range of social, economic, and
political issues -- truly conservative in that they want
a stop to the economic drain from our country caused by
exporting jobs and war and truly conservative in that they
want to defend the bill of rights and due process.

The "Conservatives" are now the big spenders and subverters
of the constitution. On social issues, "Conservatives"
are becoming so reactionary that they have backed around
into radicalism. The surviving central characteristic of
the Republican party is the widening economic gap between
rich and poor.

We are fast approaching a very crucial set of decisions
about constitutional and economic issues. This situation
may be precipitated by geometrically increasing oil prices
and Chinese ownership of critical resources and
manufacturing facilities (what little we have left in this
country).

/Robert