[Rhodes22-list] Claude's Wiring Project: Update

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 12:07:42 EDT 2006

claude
  thats the premise i always use when it comes to working on the car. i don't want to get halfway thru and not be able to finish and then call AAA to tow the car and the box of parts to my mechanic with that sheepish look on my face. what i use as a crutch to help me make a decision is the haynes. to help you out a lttle more though, you would probably find that all the devices on your boat have installation instuctions with the product and/or online and lastly you could purchase a new  box, install it in the new location and splice, with twist caps, new wire off the detached old line and connect to the new box at the same tap. run the lines from the battery to the new box. stop. now you can go get a licensed electrician to look it over. if it looks ok to him then youre ready to attach the battery. good luck

Claude Cox <cccox at mindspring.com> wrote:
  John, I considered just that, but decided I didn't want to get to the
really hard part and then have to hunt up someone to finish the job. I am
having a devil of a time finding someone with space on their job list to
add me--just have to keep looking.

Claude

start simply and work your way up. i decided against going all the way back
to the potato battery, but i was tempted. ;-) hope it works out well.

> Claude Cox wrote:
> Todd, John, Steve, Bud, Rumy, Ed, Saroj, Gil, Lou, and anyone I forget;
>
> Many thanks to all of you for your thoughts, suggestions, and efforts to
help me decide how I was going to tackle this wiring project; all of the
comments have been filed away for future reference. I think Todd was the
first to recognize that I would be in over my head if I tried to do the job
myself. You were right on, Todd--thanks for saying so. I am trying to find
a pro to do the work, and will update you from time to time. BTW, thanks to
whomever contributed a subject line for this thread--it wasn't me.