[Rhodes22-list] Refrigerator

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue May 16 20:52:24 EDT 2006

Rummy,

You are right regarding all observations.

I was surprised at how poorly the marine refrigerators in the larger
boats held the cold.

I have used the type of refrigerator Elle described for the same
purposes.  I still have one somewhere in the basement.  It's an
interesting scientific novelty, but not very practical as a refrigerator.

I also experimented with creating "dry ice".  I've got some huge CO2
tanks if you need one.  Far more trouble than it's worth.

I've been very happy with the little coolers and the ice bottles.
Completely clean.   Ecologically sound.  Inexpensive.  Capable of
freezing things if you're not careful.  You don't have to yell at people
to close the lid all the time.  My guess is that if you put one inside
another and don't open up either one, it might keep stuff cold for more
than 24 hours.  I plan to play with it some more this summer.

Bill Effros