[Rhodes22-list] About 1986 eBay Boat

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed May 17 13:17:54 EDT 2006

Brad and Rob,
     You guys are bidding on a pig in poke.  Remember he called it a 1988
which the number clearly indicates it is not.  Who knows what else is
'slightly described wrong'.  He has not stated where the boat is
specifically nor offered the opportunity to inspect.  Most eBay boats
encourage inspection.  What sort of seller are we dealing with?
       This may be an o.k. deal if you are a big stakes poker player.  The
trailmaster trailer is appropriate for that vintage.  But Wilmington is on
the coast, salt water, what shape is it really in?  Do you want to pay that
much for a hull and mast.
       This  is getting like those TV poker games.  The seller is not the
guy who posted to eBay.  What does the seller know about sailboats?  He may
be descibing a sailboat that his friend remembers from a couple of years
ago.
       Now the 1982 reported for sail in Michigan is for sale by a name I
recognize as formerly being on the list.  Why he did not post to the list, I
do not know.  Also, he does not indicate and picture does not show whether
standard main or IMF.
       I did not know that professional pilots were such gamblers.  Gee,
zero visability, ice on wings, flying at 1500 feet when ground level is
1200.

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA