[Rhodes22-list] Project boats and technical questions

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun May 21 12:03:16 EDT 2006

My 84 has plywood between cockpit floor and phone. I had soft wood due to
leak in table base. I removed base and drilled numerous holes. I used bent
nail on drill and other scraping devices to remove wet wood. I used shop vac
to clear out debris. I poured acetone into all exposed areas to promote
drying. I then injected a thinned epoxy product into all exposed areas. I
followed this with expoxy mixed with saw dust. You can use epoxy filler but
I had the saw dust left over from wooden boat projects. I drilled new holes
and rebed cockpit table base with 4200. I imagine you could fix foredeck in
much the same way. The table base covered all the holes I drilled. On the
foredeck you would need to do some finish work. You also need to to be ready
to deal with any epoxy that may be coming into cabin. I have heard seran
wrap with duct tape works. I never checked the for sale boat out so I don't
know how big a soft spot. It could be real easy .......or maybe not. :-)

Wally