[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Steve, Bill E and Dave L

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun May 21 14:54:28 EDT 2006

Steve,
     The first thing you learn about the Rhodes 22 is no two are exactly
alike.  Even two in sequence are often dissimilar.  My boat is an 84, like
Wally's.  When I get a chance I will have to follow Wally's method, remove
the table base, and check out what is under there.  However, what you say is
consistent with what I can see.

Bill,
      May be it is a quality issue?

Dave L,
       I have a three part system.  Similar to Rummy's suggest.  All three
componants come from Lowe's or Home Depot.  Plumbing drain tubes big enought
to go over turnbuckels with a plastic cap with hole drilled in to fit the
stay fitting.  Then a pvc section with a cap.  Finally a 4 foot piece of
teflon tubing.  There are teflon washers between each section so that each
section freely turns.  Mine was put together to roll and prevent abrasion to
sail.  According to Stan abrasion causes excessive wear.