[Rhodes22-list] Country Rhodes splashed Saturday,finally

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun May 21 22:34:44 EDT 2006

After two weeks of rain,I finally finished the project list on my '86 Rhodes.There hasn't been much warm weather in Ohio this spring,and slow work takes time,also the list was much longer than it should have been,since when you tear something apart to fix one thing,you see two  other things that need some attention. The short list was...
1-sand off all the bottom paint (ablative)and repaint with 3 coats of VC-17m.
2-rebuild outboard motor mount
3-make a new stainless steel top cap for the mast and LED anchor light
4-make a new LED steaming /deck light and mounting bracket
5-pull new wire in the mast for above lights
6-install new deck connector for wires (from 2-pin to 4-pin)
7-run new wire from fuse panels to deck connector
8-install new 3 circuit breaker panel on bulkhead by battery
9-install am/fm/cd player behind mirrored door,by stove
10-install magic box to use vhf antenna for the am/fm radio
11-make a platform for water tank and put pump below tank
12-run new feeds from breaker panel to old fuse boxes
13-add LED light by fuse panel in companionway
14-put a small set of drawers under the sink and a larger set between the sink and the icebox
15-put  seaboard steps on the swim ladder
16-fix leaky faucet and rewire water pump
By the time I got to the  lake and rigged and launched the boat it was 7:00 o'clock,the wind had died down,so I just drifted around for an hour then put her in her slip on the end of the floating dock.It was just about dark,so I turned on the steaming light and walked back to the shore (200') it looked about twice as bright as the one it replaced,so I'm real happy with it.
I can hardly wait until Tuesday,when I take a guy from work, who ask me  if I would take him sailing,out for a little tiller time.Forecast for frost tonight,I just got done covering the potatoes in the garden,but I don't care,the boat is in the water and LIFE IS GOOD.

Jerry Lowe