[Rhodes22-list] Project boats and technical questions/ FOAM

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Mon May 22 15:16:12 EDT 2006

Ed,

I have just replaced the top of my (fwd) foam cover , and I can say
without doubt that my fwd foam goes right to the hull on the bottom.
There is NO plywood under the foam.  I would say the same thing about
my cockpit foam in my boat as I cannot see any wood under it from the
cabin side where its fwd edge is visible.  I do intend to cover that
cabin side with a formica laminate soon, as its really ugly but not
too noticeable.

   Some one had made a tank cradle  for the orig  25 gal ? tank,
which I will use for my new 10gal Triton tank I received on Friday.

  I will post  pictures and details of this tank very soon,  possibly
tonight to the list.
  The tank only cost $92.14 with shipping and adding a 3" clean out
port with a gasket on the top side.   So far I am really happy about
my new water tank.
  I am in the process of finishing up my new floor boards and
replacing my settee.  Then will be allocating space for my battery
under the companionway (port side) .
  After that its back to installing the remaining portlights waiting
in my basement then the wiring and panel installation.
  Lou

>With the revival of interest in the Gulf Coast project boat, I have
>technical questions.
>
>First any boat can be rebuilt; it is just a question of cost, skills,
>manpower and equipment.  So, it just how much this project would cost, how
>long it would take, etc.
>
>Can the hull and deck be separated on a Rhodes 22 without destroying either?
>I suspect that in addition to the screws under the rub rail that there is
>glue, probably 5200, is this correct?
>
>Here is specific question for those who have or are rebuilding a Rhodes 22.
>Are there or is there wood or plywood between the cockpit floor and the
>marine foam.  Or is the foam direct to the cockpit floor.
>
>I think I know the answers to these questions, but would be interested in
>feed back.
>
>Ed K
>Greenville, SC, USA
>Addendum:  Yes I got on the lake yesterday, then the thundershowers arrive.
>Looks like more of the same today.  While I was in the cabin waiting for the
>storm to fade, the weather radio had a warning of potential gust to 60.
>Just a bit too much for me.

  Do you believe the 9/11 Commission's findings or are you in the 49%
of  New Yorkers who don't believe the report and want another
investigation?

  ASK QUESTIONS / DEMAND ANSWERS
  visit any one of these sites for more information.
  http://www.loosechange911.com
  http://scholarsfor911truth.org
            http://911truth.org
           http://www.911blogger.com