[Rhodes22-list]OT Lewmar Winch removal

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed May 31 13:58:20 EDT 2006

Does anyone have any words of wisdom about the best way to remove the
winch when
  the bolt is turning with the nut?   This should have been a quick
removal job, but now I have to find a small vice grip that can grab
the end of the bolt as I get my  open end wrench on the nut.  Why
would the bolt cap be turning inside the body of  the winch in the
first place?
  These are 1/4" x 20 bolts which makes me very suspicious that
another owner of this boat took off the original bolts  and placed
these in, with little care to the consequences.

  Lou
  p/b  " Miracles "