[Rhodes22-list] Repost: Iraq Soldier's plea

3drecon at comcast.net 3drecon at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 21:11:04 EST 2006

Slim,

It's all on tape now.  I think some of the ceremonial units in DC and othe showcase places that have musicians have them.

My sister-in-law's father-in-law died.  He was a WWII Navy veteran.  His friends arranged the with the local VFW to have a small honor guard.  A couple of old guys in mixed Army Dress Uniforms (Vietnam Era, Post Vietnam, tucked in boots, one VFW hat, one Beret etc).  They had a bugle and played taps at the end of it all.  Everyone thought it sounded "perfect".  Somebody said it was electronic and not a real Bugle!

You think you've seen everything.

Philip

From: Slim <salm at mn.rr.com>