[Rhodes22-list] Repost: Iraq Soldier's plea

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Nov 3 11:02:12 EST 2006

http://www.ceremonialbugle.com/

It's amazing how good they sound.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)

-----Original Message-----
From: 3drecon at comcast.net [mailto:3drecon at comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:11 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Repost: Iraq Soldier's plea

Slim,

It's all on tape now.  I think some of the ceremonial units in DC and
othe showcase places that have musicians have them.

My sister-in-law's father-in-law died.  He was a WWII Navy veteran.  His
friends arranged the with the local VFW to have a small honor guard.  A
couple of old guys in mixed Army Dress Uniforms (Vietnam Era, Post
Vietnam, tucked in boots, one VFW hat, one Beret etc).  They had a bugle
and played taps at the end of it all.  Everyone thought it sounded
"perfect".  Somebody said it was electronic and not a real Bugle!

You think you've seen everything.

Philip

From: Slim <salm at mn.rr.com>

> Me in Iraq!? (ooops, sorry, Elle) ...I in Iraq!? Maybe as the bugler.
Do
> they still have those?
>
> Slim
>
> On 11/2/06 7:49 AM, "3drecon at comcast.net" <3drecon at comcast.net> wrote:

> > Watch your spelling and grammer Slim, you might get stuck in Iraq!
> >
> > Philip

> > From: Slim
> >
> >> If they are Minnesotans then they're better edumacated than most.
> >> ...sniff...
> >>
> >> Slim

They are
National