[Rhodes22-list] Political Humor: "I Did Not Have Sex With That Man"

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:53:50 EST 2006

Rob,

This is from a "conservative" blogspot, Ace of Spades.  He started this site
while in Iraq but now he's in some other foreign land now, Minnesota I
think.  Anyway, here is his observation on the subject.

Brad

------------

Biggest Story Of The Century: Some Guy You Never Heard Of Is A Homo —Ace

At least according to the left, it's a very, very big
story.<http://freealabamastan.blogspot.com/2006/11/ted-haggard-some-thoughts.html>

Because this guy you never heard of is also an Evangelist you never heard
of, and making anti-gay statements you never heard of, while having gay sex
with dudes you definitely never heard of.

But it turns out he's a homo, so suddenly he's someone you're going to be
hearing a lot about, and, in fact, will become within 24 hours The Most
Important Figure On The Religious Right In All Of The History Of The
Universe.

And you'll hear less about the fact that, for a fire-breathing right-winger,
he was kind of a liberal
pussy.<http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Yzg4YzdiNTQ3ZTk3YTg2YThhZDM5NGJjZGYxN2Y3YzU=>

But no matter. I just found out another one of my heroes who I had never
heard of before had on occasion lunched at the Sizzler's Man-Steak Buffet.

His name is seared, seared into my memory, or will be, once I find out what
it is.

I haven't been this dejected since I found out George Michaels was gay and
Nick Rhodes was straight.

Reports say that some of his parishoners began to become suspicious of his
sexuality when they realized he looked like this:

[image: haggard.jpg]

(Okay, cheap joke, probably borderline homophobic, and on top of that, even
Instapundit's made it already. But, come on. I'm not saying that some people
"look gay." I would never say such a thing. No one "looks gay."

On the other hand, some people do "look *Supra*-Gay.")

Apparently he was outed by a gay prostitute whom he'd been paying for
messages, with incidental gay sex and drugs included gratis.

I feel bad for this guy. I mean, an Evangelist preacher buying drugs and
paying for sex from a gay hooker.

Sometimes disaster just seems to strike out of nowhere, doesn't it?

I wonder how people hold on to their faith when such unforeseeable tragedies
befall them.

*By the way...* The Gay Hooker came forward with his allegations when he
realized an Evangelist was against 1) ordaining gay preachers and 2) gay
marriage.

You can imagine how important those issues are -- beconing a preacher,
getting married -- to a Gay Hooker.