[Rhodes22-list] Political Humor: "I Did Not Have Sex With That Man"

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 22:50:20 EST 2006

accommodated under heavy pressure,(y'all know where the pressure was applied)

"L. Sailor" <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:  >males over 21 were the only people allowed to vote,
and a very large >number of them had to vote to create
the 19th Amendment

Absolutely true...and you know that they did not do so
without considerable pressure from the distaff
side...(we know how to make you hurt....!!...'^)

'Let' is the wrong word..it implies a
willingness..and there were many men who were
willing(and many who were not..)...but perhaps
'granted' (nope..too subservient)...allowed (nope..too
patronizing....)

Maybe the right word will come while I sleep...

Jump in anyone with your own ...

elle