[Rhodes22-list] No child left behind.

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 08:54:07 EST 2006

Bill,
  I really do have to agree with you whole-heartedly ...but to let whichever party slide items into bills that cannot possible be read speaks of the disrespect for the electorate & the political process that has permeated gov't since...? Watergate? Probably forever.

  But to vote w/o knowing the provisions of the bill? that's like using the stair test to grade papers....

  elle

Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:
  The Republican controlled legislature has been submitting multi-thousand
page legislation hours before the votes. It is impossible for anyone to
read it before voting. Both Democrats and liberal Republicans have
complained about the practice, but the Republican leadership has said
"Too Bad--Vote!". This is another practice that is likely to end when
both houses and the presidency are not all driven by a single ideology.
Please understand, I don't like it when both houses and the presidency
are driven by a single left-wing ideology, either--it leads to the same
excesses.

It really is time for a change. These folks have driven this country
into a ditch.

Bill Effros