[Rhodes22-list] HELP! How about a debate on.. WAS: A GREAT Email List

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 10:27:38 EST 2006

Bill,
  Thanks!
  I do remember reading it before, but this has got me so turned around...and I don't have the boat even nearby, so I'm really blind in trying to deal with this. Notwithstanding, I have everything to learn about outboards & types & requirements, etc....I figured coming back to the group would point me in the right direction immediately w/o wading through what all the discussion of what may or may not be helpful.

  I appreciate the info & will pass it on immediately.

  thankyou thankyou thankyou

  elle

  Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:
  Elle,

Get a 4-stroke Tohatsu with electric start and remote control.

Mount the remote control on the forward part of the stern rail, port side.

Feed the remote control cables outside the cockpit to the motor. (Buy
expensive cables--there are a lot of sharp turns in this set-up and the
expensive cables will move without binding.)

You will be able to start your motor using a key on the remote control,
push forward to go forward, pull back to go back, the more you push or
pull, the faster the engine will go. There is a fast idle device for
starting if the engine is ever balky. This is a single-lever remote
control you can learn to use in about 15 seconds. Mine has worked
flawlessly for years.

You will never again have to turn around to even look at the motor--all
of the controls will be right there in front of you in a convenient place.

All of this information has been posted before. I say this not for your
benefit, but for the benefit of whoever's day was made by re-posting
this information.

If he wants to know about bottom paint, we have discussed that
endlessly--go to the archives.

Bill Effros