[Rhodes22-list] HELP! How about a debate on.. WAS: A GREAT Email List

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 10:32:15 EST 2006

Mary Lou,

  Thanks also! Thanks to you & Bill, I now have two good places to start.

  I'll owe you both a sail...& Bill, I promise to let you ride IN the boat...

  ;^)

  elle

Mary Lou Troy <mtroy at atlanticbb.net> wrote:
  elle,
Quickly as we are about to leave the house.

Our honda controls include throttle and shift. The shift comes off
the side, throttle comes off the front, cables run through the gas
boot, across the lazarette and under the seats. The controller is a
single lever for forward, neutral & reverse & throttle. Ours is
mounted center cockpit under the tiller but could be mounted on the
side of the cockpit - might be able to be mounted to a steering
pedestal. I only have pix of the controller but could take more if
you are interested. The Honda controls required a special frame
mounted to the engine to keep them in position but it does not
interfere with the motor mount.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD

At 11:38 AM 11/5/2006, you wrote:
>Hank,
> I don't know. But knowing Stan, he'll be able to invent
> something. (The boat is not curently at GBI). I just became aware
> of the problem this week & Stan is at ST. Pete at the boat show. I
> will contact him as soon as he has a chance to breathe.
>
> My friend the dealer has been westling with this & hasn't wanted
> to worry me. Neither of us realized it would be such a problem.
>
> How about the shifter linkage? How does one shift w/o reaching to
> the engine? Are there remotes for this?
>
> elle
>
>Hank wrote:
> Elle,
>
>Can't Stan build some sort of spacer that would give room for the cables to
>turn out of the way?Something that would allow the engine to be mounted x
>number of inches further back?
>
>Hank
>
>On 11/5/06, L. Sailor wrote:
> >
> > Gang at the bar:
> >
> > How about a debate on which engine exists for elle's boat? We cannot
> > find one that has 1) cables coming out the side,) and 2) shifter
> remote so I
> > can work the controls.
> >
> > The way it is now, I would have to lean over the transom, practically
> > hang by my heels to reach the shifter, and steer with my feet while looking
> > aft & down.
> >
> > I don't think this is a trend I want to be responsible for starting.
> >
> > Seriously, tho', this is a major problem. It has nothing to do with it
> > being a wheel boat...just all the engines I 've found have the
> cables coming
> > out the front which will hit the motor lift. (And, of course, the shifter
> > problem.) I would like to stay with a Japanese made engine.
> >
> > Anyone, ANYONE out there have a suggestion? If I can't get this solved I
> > will have to get rid of the boat.
> >
> > I'll be in touch with GBI when they get back from ST. Pete.
> >
> > elle
> >

> > Rick Lange wrote:
> >

> > Joe,
> > You must be media deprived. I am bored and irritated to
> > find on a sailors' forum the same discussion of politics that's on every
> > radio and TV talk show as well as so many other blogs and lists.
> > debate on bottom paint would be refreshing.
> > Rick
> > > howdy
> > all
> > >
> > > I must state that this email list must be run by
> > real
> > > sailors! The topics take on the same range sailors talk
> >
> > > about when at the bar, or at a raft-up! Other lists, are
> > > just so &#$%^ bla, and only talk about the 1,000,000
> > >
> > versions of bottom paint or other such thing.
> > >
> > > As
> > I've heard my buddy tell me countless times "a bitchin
> > >
> > sailor is a happy sailor."!
> > >
> > > I'm very happy I
> > found this group!
> > >
> > > take care and fair winds!
> > >

> > > HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

> [...]
Name: CONTROL2.JPG Type: image/jpeg Size: 112440 bytes Desc: not available