[Rhodes22-list] HELP! How about a debate on.. WAS: A GREAT EmailList

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 11:21:32 EST 2006

Philip,
  This is what we were originally wanting to do.....but but maybe it's getting the (right) engine with the right controls with the cables where they don't have to bend tightly...

  Tomorrow AM I am off to the outboard dealers in the area. Luckily, I have Yamaha, Honda, Mercury, w/in 10 mi  of my house. Tohatsu dealer is only 26 mi away...as the crow flies...(I'd have to swim the Potomac to get there!)

  elle

Philip <3drecon at comcast.net> wrote:
  What about setting the controls up like a speed boat with the shift and
throttle on the binnacle post? Even if you could mount the shifter, you
might be able to adapt a motorcycle throttle, since the carburetor operates
on a cable. I thought of doing that myself.

Philip