[Rhodes22-list] Elle's Motor Issues - ask Captain Crawford

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 06:11:37 EST 2006

Toots:

Surely he had an engine....;^)

I am not panicking...I am frustrated....I want my
boat. There is great sailing weather up here right
now....

I have just spoken to Edson about the kit,(THANK you ,
Michael) and to the guy who has the boat. He is an
engine rigger, knows his stuff, knew about the kits,
has already spoken to Edson abpout what he wants to
put on for me, and is trying to make things as easy
and elegant for me as he can. This is the first R-22
he has done.

Now, Ed, you cannot say over & over to go onto the
list & get info ( archives)  or real-time and in the
next breath say don't listen to the info that comes
back.

I am learning quite a lot about engines that I never
knew existed. Give some of us credit for being able to
separate what will work from what won't.

 You mean that you are not going to take the
> motor if it is not hooked up to your fancy?

No, I meant if I cannot get a MOTOR on it, I will not
be able to keep the boat. I am not you, with your
wealth of experience and self-confidence.    When
someone truly wants to learn, belittling and being
smart-ass doesn't help and, in fact, diminishes what
might be some helpful advice. Surely you are so
accomplished that you don't need to put others down to
make yourself stand out......

So I'm grateful for your advice, but keep it positive.
there is no room for negativity in my life.

By-eeee.

elle

--- Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

> Elle:
>
>      Ask Captain Crawford how long such a trip
> should take by water.  I
> believe it took him two days from Edenton to the
> middle Cheasapeake.
>
>       All your panic and Captain Meltzer had some
> important information.
> Again, you are listening to rookies, not the voices
> of experience.  This is
> not watching television, that is just turn on the
> the program is there.
> Commodore Spiters will solve all your problems.  So
> much so that Rose will
> probably wonder what is going on.
>
>        You mean that you are not going to take the
> motor if it is not hooked
> up to your fancy?   In a foreward direction just
> leave the motor putting
> along slowly and straight ahead.  Steer with the
> rudder.
>
>         Still concerned?   Go to :
> http://www.shawandtenney.com/specialty-oars.htm  and
> page down to the
> sculling oars.  Buy one sculling oar for the boat.
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
> Addendum:
>       “Twenty years from now you will be more
> disappointed by the things
> that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So
> throw off the bowlines.
> Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade
> winds in your sails.
> Explore. Dream. Discover.� Mark Twain
>

> L. Sailor wrote:
> >
> > y.com/specialty-oars.htmHadz,
> >
> > Plan B is my friend with the Chevy Silverado and
> lots
> > of hauling experience.
> >
> > I'd be delighted to have you & the kid be my
> delivery
> > crew....it is @ a 4.5 hr trip via interstate...and
> > probably 10 days (or more) via water......and with
> no
> > engine??  November? B-r-r-r. Definitely  a
> > non-starter.
> >
> > How about a sail next spring for the family..and a
> > tour of one of the most historic areas in the US?
> ;^)
> > We could throw in a winery or three.....
> >
> > elle
> >
> > --- Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Is Plan B the water route?
> >>
> >> The kid and I are experienced delivery crew!
> >>
> >> happ

> >> friend/boat
> >> solution..

> R-22