[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Mark Putnam about Motor Mounts

mputnam1 at aol.com mputnam1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 08:29:09 EST 2006

Ed,

This is a good story and a good lesson ... I won't make the same mistake now.  Thank you for passing it along ...

I'm not worried about my engine falling into the deep ... I just like my tiller-engine linkage and don't want to have to deal with repairing a cowling that's been snapped off the engine because of the torque of everyday use.  I'd guess the addition of the linkage has voided some portion of the engine warranty, which is fine with me ... but if I could figure out how to put additional "clips" (or some other type of securing devices) around the perimeter of the cowling, I'd be happier ... that's all.  I'd be even happier if I could figure out how to do it without having to pull the engine off the boat (that's currently in the water), I'd be even happier.

- Mark