[Rhodes22-list] Repost (Iforgot I posted it) (Damn rum anyway)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 15:52:46 EST 2006

Whether we are Republican or Democrat,  liberal or
conservative or normally disinterested in  politics.

About the time our  original 13 states adopted their new constitution,
in 1787, Alexander Tyler,  a Scottish history professor at the
University of Edinburgh, had this to say  about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years  prior:

"A democracy is always  temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as
a permanent form of  government. A democracy will continue to exist
up until the time that voters  discover that they can vote
themselves generous gifts from the public  treasury. From that moment
on, the majority always votes for the candidates  who promise the most
benefits from the public treasury, with the result that  every
democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which  is
always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the  worlds greatest civilizations from the
beginning of history, has been about  200 years. During those 200
years, these nations "always" progressed through  the following
sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual  faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to  abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to  apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage  "
9. On its way;

Professor Joseph  Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St.
Paul, Minnesota, points out  some interesting facts concerning the
2000 Presidential  election:

Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million; Bush:  143
million; Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000; Bush:  2,427,000
States won by: Gore: 19; Bush: 29

Murder rate per 100,000  residents in counties won by: Gore:
13.2; Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson  adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush
won was mostly the land  owned by the tax-paying citizens of this
great country. Gore's territory  mostly encompassed those citizens
living in government-owned tenements and  living off government
welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is  now somewhere between
the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's  definition
of democracy, with some 40 percent of the nation's  population
already having reached the "governmental dependency"  phase.

Pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is  at
stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

PS . #9 If the Senate grants Amnesty and citizenship to 20
million  criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then goodbye
USA. in less  than 5 years.