[Rhodes22-list] Political: Red vs. Blue States

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 15:57:03 EST 2006

I thought I remembered it like that!

Once upon a time didn't they switch the colors every four
years?  Or have I breath-in too many fums from Rummy's
drinks?

--- Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:

> Leland,
>
> The maps used to show Red as Democratic, and Blue as
> Republican.  Some
> of the material circulating on the net still uses that
> legend.
>
> Bill Effros
>
> Leland wrote:
> > Rummy:  That's what I get for complaining that this
> list has way too much
> > politics and not enough sailing.  Worse yet I've
> switched from scotch to
> > rum.
> >
> > Bill:  If there were a bunch of them, I really suck at
> searching the site.
> > The red/blue analysis looked at differences in taxes
> paid, crime, income,
> > etc.  Didn't make the Democrats look too good.  I'm not
> that political
> > (although I did vote responsibly today), but I once
> subscribed to the
> > Kiplinger Report.  Once a year they show where our
> taxes are spent, broken
> > down to no less than one percent.  One percent is a lot
> of money but it's
> > still only one percent.  Based on government spending,
> you can't tell if the
> > Democrats or Republicans are in office.  If we elect
> our politicians based
> > on how they spend our money, we might as well flip a
> coin.  As for the
> > predicted fall of democracies, the quoted author listed
> about ten stages of
> > demise.  I think one of his points was that democracies
> tend to enable the
> > has-nots until there are so many of them that the
> culture collapses.
> >
> > There.  I promise to never post anything else even
> remotely political.
> >

> > Lee
> > 1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
> > Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)
> >
> > Bill Effros wrote:
> >
> >> Leland,
> >>
> >> There were a bunch of them.  Which one are you looking
> for?  What point
> >> did it make?
> >>
> >> Bill Effros

> posted an e-mail about
> 2004 presidential
> an analysis of why
> excellent post but I just
> which way imaginable,

> date, title or

> including any attachments,
> contain
> use, disclosure or
> intended recipient,
> copies of the original

> www.rhodes22.org/list

> >> Use Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help?
> www.rhodes22.org/list

> www.rhodes22.org/list

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow