[Rhodes22-list] Bidniz - "If It Ain't Boeing, I Ain't Going!"

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:11:36 EST 2006

Finally,  some good news to brighten-up a difficult yesterday.  We closed on
the sale of our shop building near the lake and sold our tractor we used to
bushog the place as well. The buyer for the tractor kept me waiting over
four hours and then did some last minute haggling over a previously agreed
upon price.  Forunately for him I came unarmed. The bad news is that my boat
had water in the bilge for the first time ever.  The drive shaft is steadily
dripping where it connects to the transmission.  This may be a result of the
grounding last year.  Anyway, the repair will probably require it to be
hauled, which  is a good idea anyway to inspect for damage.  I've been
operating on the theory of "what you don't know can't hurt you" but that
game has been played long enough.

 The DC-10 is going away in the next couple of years and I have to make the
leap into the digital age one way or the other.  I have been predicting this
event all along and damned if I wasn't right.  Here is something to look
forward to.

Brad

--------------------------

*Company Cancels A380 Order *

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FedEx Express, a unit of FedEx Corp. (NYSE:
FDX), announced today an agreement with The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) to
acquire 15 new Boeing 777 Freighter aircraft with options to purchase an
additional 15 aircraft. The decision to purchase the 777F was made after
Airbus announced significant delays in delivery of the A380. FedEx Express
notified Airbus that it has cancelled its order for 10 A380-800Fs.

"Global demand for air cargo and express services continues to grow rapidly
and FedEx has made significant investments in our network to meet
customers'needs and fulfill our business objectives. Therefore, it was
necessary and
prudent for us to acquire the Boeing 777 Freighter." said Frederick W.
Smith, chairman, president and chief executive officer, FedEx Corp. "The
availability and delivery timing of this aircraft, coupled with its
attractive payload range and economics, make this choice the best decision
for FedEx, its customers, shareowners and employees."

FedEx Express continues to be Airbus' largest wide-body airplane customer
and will add additional new and used Airbus wide-body aircraft to its fleet
in coming years. Six new A300-600 aircraft are scheduled to join the FedEx
fleet in 2007.

*Boeing 777*

The Boeing 777 Freighter is the world's largest twin-engine cargo aircraft
with a range of more than 6,100 nautical miles and a revenue payload
capacity of 171,000 pounds. This represents a 2,200 nautical mile increase
in range and an additional 8,500 pounds of revenue payload over the MD-11F,
which is FedEx's primary long-haul aircraft. These advantages will result in
more non-stop, point-to-point transoceanic routes with shorter flight times,
enabling improved service offerings to FedEx customers. FedEx Express is
expected to take delivery of four of the 777 aircraft in calendar year 2009,
eight in 2010 and the remaining three in 2011.

"The Boeing 777F will allow FedEx Express to fly directly between major
markets and hubs in Asia, Europe and the U.S. with more freight and in less
time than it takes today, improving fuel efficiency and lowering total
operating costs," said David J. Bronczek, president and chief executive
officer, FedEx Express.