[Rhodes22-list] Reply on Art and Rummy erroneous reading

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:31:10 EST 2006

Ed,

In the communications classes I have attended, it has always bees stressed
to me that misinterpretations are the fault of the sender, not the
receiver.  If you do not want your message misunderstood, then you need to
craft it in such a way that leaves no room for misunderstanding, not
criticize the receiver for interpreting an ambiguous message in a way you
did not intend.

Elle, you are the literary and grammatical; pundit on this list.  What do
you think?

Hank