[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:27:06 EST 2006

Rummy,

Interesting is an understatement.  Pelosi got her job as minority speaker by
brokering a power deal with the Black Congressional Caucus.  One member of
that group, Alcee Hastings, a former Federal judge who was impeached by the
House and lost his judgeship (Pelosi voted for impeachment), is up for
nomination as chairman of the Intelligence Committee.  That's just what we
need, a disgraced judge (who ought to be in prison for accepting bribes)
heading one of the most important committees. The obvious choice, the
current ranking member of the minority, Jane Harmon, would be a wonderful
selection.  We'll see if Nancy chooses what is in the best interests of the
nation over political payback.

Interesting indeed!

Brad