[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:04:34 EST 2006

Rummy,

You are missing a couple of very important points.  By historical standards,
the Dems should have picked-up about forty seats in a midterm election in
the second term of an opposition party President.  Second, the Dems didn't
run on a specific platform which was smart on their part.  People voted
against GWB, period.  The economy is in excellent shape by all conventional
measures.  That will change because we're probably near the end of the
current business cycle.  No party can legislate against a naturally
occurring economic cycle.

Don't forget, Bush still has veto power provided he can find his pen.

Brad