[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:22:42 EST 2006

Rummy,

What part of my post (and those before the election) did you not hear?  I'm
glad to see a lot of elephants who lost, loose.  If you believe in a two
party system you have to accept the fact that no one party hangs on to power
forever.  Democrats deserve their period of gloating, they earned it.  But
then comes the next phase, the dirty work of actually governing.  The GOP
got fat and arrogant and got smacked.  They earned it!

This is hardly a dead horse, there's a lot of work to be done.  If the new
Congress doesn't get it done, there will be a new Congress in two years.

Enjoy your victory.  Most of my ilk are hardly sulking.  Conservatism is not
dead and we just went through a much needed cleansing.

Brad