[Rhodes22-list] to change the subject

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Thu Nov 9 13:46:56 EST 2006

If we have any real entrepreneur Rhodies on this distinguished list, an 80 acre waterfront parcel just came on the market since its owner died and left it to relatives in LA and they want to sell it and it may be ideal for an idea whose time may have come.     With about 4,000 feet of water frontage (creek and river - the Yeopim River which leads to Albemarle Sound which is part of the largest brackish water estuary in the US or second largest if you are considering salt water and which goes everywhere in the world without even having to go under a bridge) this could be the right place for a sailors campy vacation resort.

Loads of folks would like to sail but do not have a place to keep a boat nor the time to make owning one worth the investment.  The idea of being able to rent a cottage with a sailboat attached for a week or a month once a year would satisfy their sailing itch while allowing their mates not to be necessarily attached to them every minute they are on the boat; or to use the cottage or a room rental as a jumping off base for overnight sailing adventures.  There are many variations to this theme but I know we lose lots of sales to sailor wannabes because owning a boat is an impractical solution to satisfying their sailing itch and their resistance to their sailboat ownership urge triumphs, with a sad sigh from the dreamer side of the brain.

It is a long term project and has the advantage that there is only one way the value of such waterfront land will eventually go - particularly in this part of NC where it is beautiful 70 degree sailing weather as I write.

stan