[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Remember veterans day, Saturday November 11th.

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Nov 9 18:47:50 EST 2006

Good one, Rummy!  Thank you for bringing this to us.

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
> It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the preachers who would take it away.

> It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the reporter who tries to hold onto it.

> It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

And all of us must cherish it and use our
voices wisely to preserve it

> It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to
> assemble.

And it is our responsibility to get out there
and assemble from time to time.

> It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair
> trial.

Now we must preserve that right for all who are
accused -- whatever the circumstances.

> It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to
> vote.

And it is our requirement to exercise it to
defend ourselves from political processes gone
wrong.

Let us also remember that without wise leadership,
the many sacrifices by those who wear the uniforms
are not cherished as they should be.

As a veteran, I revere and continue to serve my
country, and take my responsibility to preserve
what my brothers and sisters have fought for very
seriously.

/Robert Skinner