[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 22:13:11 EST 2006

Slim,

Took a nap just now, thank-you, I feel much better (early show for a sim).

Just finding a definition of "national debt" without a slant is difficult
and a source of info without an 'axe to grind' is damn near impossible. I
form a lot of opinion from reading the Wall Street Journal on a daily basis
but even that source is suspect in many peoples view.  Here's the least
biased report I can find on short notice - and it has pictures too!  Ask me
again tomorrow after work (10 AM) and I'll be more specific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._public_debt

The measure of GNP is relatively straight forward.  "National Debt" gets
trickier depending on what you want to include.  For example, social
security is often excluded because it is a "pay as you go" item, ie, an IOU,
and not included.  Include it and things get really scary.

So where are you guys going with this discussion?  Let me guess, new taxes?
How about this novel idea - cut spending!  Bush and friends have spent like
drunken sailors.  You have a plan to turn that around?  Great!

Brad