[Rhodes22-list] Politics: the need to vote

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Nov 10 15:19:36 EST 2006

I'm with you, Herb.  Did you see the ads for Don'tVote.com?  They don't
actually advocate not voting but rather that you shouldn't vote unless
you're informed.  Way too many people vote because of name recognition,
because he's a Catholic, because he's a local boy, because their parents
vote for him, because she's a woman, (my wife votes that way) or on one
single issue like abortion, or they actually believe the TV ads, or any
number of other non-reasons to vote.

But I'm proud to announce that the highest turnout was in MN at 59%.  I
suspect that the higher the percentage, the less the uninformed voters
matter.  I could be wrong.

Slim