[Rhodes22-list] Politics: the need to vote

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Nov 10 16:45:40 EST 2006

I'll go a step further, I don't even want it any easier. It's probably too easy NOW.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

Herb Parsons wrote:

> I'd hate to have something similar.
>
> As much as I dislike 35%-40% voting participation, I'd HATE the notion of forcing people, who have no real desire to participate, close their eyes and pick a candidate, or pick one based solely on the opinion of someone else they read/heard a couple of days before.

Gotta agree with you on that, Herb, much as it
pains me to recognize that a sizeable part of
the population is both uncaring and ignorant.

/Robert Skinner