[Rhodes22-list] Tax Advice? 401k's

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sun Nov 12 19:16:36 EST 2006

Joseph Hadzima wrote:
> I'm thinking that we'll have a national sales
> tax for the government to get back income last
> through the 401K, and IRA programs.  It's so
> easy to sell too!  Everyone thinks a sales tax
> will get the "rich", when it will actually
> touch everyone!  It also won't sound like
> we're taxing people on fixed income, but we
> will.

Yup.

Just the kind of evil scheme that is likely,
dammit.  In preparation for the anticipated
"interesting times", Barbara and I sold our
big old victorian, and are now living in a
smaller, new, and less demanding house.

Unfortunately, property taxes are working on
us like termites, and I suspect that they
will be the biggest budget item in the coming
years.

/Robert