[Rhodes22-list] Tax Advice? 401k's

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 12 19:39:41 EST 2006

Rummy,

I'm not sure whether I like this or not yet. I think I would have liked
it better if I was younger. But, from your reply, maybe you didn't
notice the (p)rebate part of this deal. Seems to me this would keep the
tax rate pretty low for  low(er) income folks. There's an extra
allowance for bigger families too.

Keep in mind, this would replace almost every federal tax, including
S/S, we pay now. In other words, if your income is say 600 bucks a week,
your take home pay would be 600 bucks a week less state income tax if
your state has one.

Rik